Orange Filling Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cornstarch and a dash of salt.
- Gradually blend orange juice and 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly 'til mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir small amount of hot mixture into 1 or 2 beaten egg yolks; stir into remaining hot mixture.
- Cook about 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine.
- Let cool.
This Orange Filling Recipe makes 1 cup of filling.