French Custard Filling Recipe
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 slightly beaten egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Mix sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook and stir until mixture thickens and boils; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Stir a little of hot mixture into egg yolk; return to hot mixture.
- Stirring constantly, bring just to a boil.
- Add vanilla, then let cool.
- Beat smooth; fold in whipped cream.